Fashions come and go, the legendary G-Class continues: Since 1979 the indestructible off-roader from Mercedes-Benz has been a permanent fixture in the model range, and continues to be extremely popular with fans around the world. Customers who wish to upgrade their G-Class with even more individuality, style and luxurious appointments will find the perfect package in two new special models: with a choice of the designo manufaktur Edition and the Exclusive Edition. The sales start date is 2nd May 2017, with the market launch starting in September. In addition, the digital services of Mercedes me connect further enhance comfort in the G-Class.
The "designo manufaktur" range available since the end of 2015 has been outstandingly received by G-Class customers. This individualisation range stands for tailor-made appointments, traditional workmanship and the highest quality. The new "designo manufaktur" Edition is available for the Mercedes-Benz G 350 d and G 500 (combined fuel consumption: 12.3-9.9 l/100 km; combined CO2 emissions: 289-261 g/km). An assortment of particularly high-quality appointments makes these G-Class models particularly eye-catching: the numerous exterior features in black go extremely well with the three available paint finishes in designo magma red, designo mystic white and obsidian black. The AMG 5-spoke light-alloy wheels with 275/55 R 19 tyres are likewise in black, as are the inserts in the side rub strips. The three louvres of the radiator grille, the exterior mirrors and the spare wheel cover are also in obsidian black to round off the design.
The interior of the G-Class designo manufaktur Edition has sporty highlights in black designo nappa leather with colour-coordinated red topstitching. The AMG Performance steering wheel has the same colour combination: the two-tone rim is in classic red/black. A luxurious highlight is set by the trim in black designo piano lacquer, with the red designo seat belts forming a contrast. Black leather grab handles in the roof liner and the exclusive "designo manufaktur Edition" badge on the centre console round off this well-coordinated overall package. The standard equipment of the G-Class designo manufaktur Edition also includes the following:
- Exclusive package (consisting of the Seat Comfort package including multicontour front seats and seat climatisation for the driver and front passenger, leather-lined dashboard, 4 illuminated door sills and a designo roof liner in black DINAMICA microfibre)
- Sport package including the Exterior Stainless Steel package (running boards on the right and left, sports exhaust system (for G 500) and black velour floor mats)
- Chrome package (including chrome surrounds on the seat adjustment control and loudspeakers in the front doors, plus the luggage compartment sill with Mercedes-Benz lettering)
Prices (recommended retail prices for Germany including 19 % VAT.):
- G 350 d designo manufaktur Edition: € 109,878.65
- G 500 designo manufaktur Edition: € 121,683.45
The designo manufaktur Edition has a price advantage of around 24 percent compared to a comparably equipped standard model.